Health & Fitness:Mental Health
The Relationship Show with Dr. Wendy & Miss Jenni - "The Netflix Series 13 Reasons Why: Relating to Teen Suicide, Depression, and the Cruelty of Youth" - ep. 32
Ep 32 - "The Netflix Series 13 Reasons Why: Relating to Teen Suicide, Depression, and the Cruelty of Youth"
Wendy and Jenni talk about the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why, sharing some things to know about teen suicide, depression, and how parents and kids can survive the cruelty of youth.
**WARNING - Note the “E” for explicit content. This episode contains an intense and potentially triggering conversation regarding suicide, depression, and sexual assault. Please consider skipping this episode if you are sensitive to these topics. Even if you feel otherwise in this moment, do not forget that you are important, loved, and not alone - there is support out there.**
24/7 National Suicide Hotline - 800/273-TALK (800/273-8255)
Crisis/Suicide Text Line - 741741
LGBTQ crisis/suicide 24/7 hotline - 866/488-7386
Teen Line LA - 310/855-4673, text TEEN to 839863
© Jenni J.V. Wilson 2017
TRS email: RelationshipShowLA@gmail.com
SHOW MENTIONS -
-Crisis Text Line - http://www.crisistextline.org/how-it-works/ - 741741
- National Suicide Prevention - https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ - 800/273-TALK (800/273-8255)
- LGBTQ hotline - http://www.thetrevorproject.org/ - 866/488-7386
- Teen Line LA - https://teenlineonline.org/ - 310/855-4673, text TEEN to 839863
-National Alliance of Mental illness Los Angeles - crisis hotlines & hospitals - http://namila.org/crisis-hotlines-hospitals/
- Balanced Mind Parent Network - http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=bmpn_landing
- The Jason Foundation - http://jasonfoundation.com/
- Thirteen Reasons Why - by Jay Asher
- 13 Reasons Why - Netflix - https://www.netflix.com/title/80117470
- “The Teen Brain” - by Debra Bradley Ruder
-"The Teenage Brain Explained” - video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiduiTq1ei8
- IMPACT LA self-defense training - http://www.impactpersonalsafety.com/
- "Parents of Suicidal Teens say they feel alone” - by Jody Allard https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/parenting/wp/2016/04/25/parents-of-suicidal-teens-say-they-feel-alone-here-are-resources-to-help/?utm_term=.4a82f9dc7c8d
- "10 Things Parents Can do to Prevent Suicide" - https://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/emotional-problems/Pages/Ten-Things-Parents-Can-Do-to-Prevent-Suicide.aspx
MUSIC CUES -
Joy Division - “Love Will Tear Us Apart”
Cristina Aguilara - “Genie in a Bottle"
Ariana Grande - “Be Alright"
Steven Sondheim - Into The Woods - “Finale”
It is Free