Health:Fitness & Nutrition
The Female Masters Runner Episode: How to Stay Injury Free- Bennett Cohen
Today’s emphasis is the importance of following a training program that takes your gender and age into account. Our guest has been coaching women runners for quite some time, and today we find out why.
We discuss the noticeable difference in motivation between men and women, and our guest get the best advice I’ve ever heard about how to practice visualization.
Today we’re joined by Bennett Cohen, President of the International Association of Women Runners. He’s a running coach to women over 40 and has helped women into their 70s run personal bests.
He’s been an avid runner for 37 years and a coach for 14 years. Even though the focus is on women over 40, for any males or women under 40, don’t worry because you’ll get some great advice out of this episode, too.
Today’s topics include:
· How women over 40 can still run their personal best and how to do it
· How to dramatically reduce your risk of injury
· Why quality over quantity is crucial
· How Bennett overcame feeling like he was losing his runner’s identity
· Why women over 40 need more rest
· The importance of strength training in relation to running
We finish off by talking about three key strategies that can easily be implemented in your training, how to decrease injury risk in older women, and Bennett’s top strategies to staying mentally motivated during a race.
It is Free
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com